Monday, November 23, 2009

My Boastful Post

I doubt if it's ladylike for me to be openly elated, and even less so to trumpet my good fortune in this forum. But modesty be damned -- I am quite pleased to announce (to crow, even)that two of my pictures won prizes in the 2009 Calico Sparrow Flickr contest!

And I have proof:


In silentsparrow


In Calico Ingmann Creations

I have to confess I was thrilled to tears when I received notice that my "Spellbound Forest" was judged #1 in the Artistry category. (And "Under His Spell" placed second in the Couples category.) It literally made my day. For I'm not one that enters/wins contests regularly, having my pictures chosen was really a very lovely validation.

And, yes, I'm on the verge of a "You Like Me" speech, so I will stop now.

The other entrants deserve recognition as well for their stellar efforts -- see the pool here -- it also pleased me to see that many of my favorite entrees also won ribbons.

Silentsparrow proprietress hyasynth Tiramisu sent me copies (prize ribbons and all) of my pictures, which I quiet immodestly hung on the walls of my rowhouse. One of these days, I'll detach the ribbons, but I'm not quite ready for that yet.

No comments: