Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Paging Dr. Freud...Paging Dr. Freud

Here, for Silentsparrow Episode 5, is a shot I took last month, shortly before the legendary Graphics Card Crash of Aught-Ten.

Featured are pieces from the Lucky Bird gifts that preceded the current one. The skirt and bustier are from the "(Rose) Twittery Bird Lucky Chair Suite." The Kurai short jacket was part of the "(Pigeony Rose) Twittery Bird Lucky Chair Set."

The little voice that usually whispers "Ease up on that Photoshop, lassie" was evidently out having a smoke when I worked on this one. Because I kept throwing effect atop effect. The background of the original shot was quite light, but repeated passes of the burn tool made it all darker, darker, darker...trying obscure the face - everything really - except for the clothing.

Now one might say that this was a manifestation of some sort of inner turmoil I was going through at the time. A need to hide...or to be hidden.

But maybe I just didn't like the expression on my av. Sometimes a shadow is just a shadow.

Bonus Grim Bros mention -- the "Silly belle panda" tophat was circa-Valentine's Day (look closely and you'll see the heart of candy on the brim) from Grim's Gifting Gorilla.
Hair is Calico Ingmann Creation's (great-to-wear-with-hats) "Jill."

1 comment:

Meadow McBride said...

Beautiful Cyn! I got the Silly Belle Panda hat too and it is one of my favourites - a silly panda goes with everything, don't you think? It inspired me to make a hat with a miniature jumbo atop, remind me to show you soon. :-) Mx