Saturday, September 12, 2009

Wearable Art (Steam Hunt, Episode Two)

There have been many days when I've questioned my fascination with Second Life. The reason I wandered into Babbage Square in 2007 hasn't been a factor in quite a while...so what is it that keeps me here? I'm not social, I'm not a builder, I didn't even have a home until a few months ago.

The only explanation I have been able to come up with is Art. Exploring Second Life is like walking through a gallery with constantly changing exhibitions. You never quite know what you might find rezzing in front of you. And the virtual creations I experience in SL are just as much pieces of art as any oil on canvas hanging in a RL museum.

Just like in real life, some of the art I encounter in SL is pedestrian or just doesn't "speak" to me...and then, there's the gifts I been picking up in the Steam Hunt. They've been speaking volumes.

Here, for your viewing pleasure, I've selected pieces that can be worn (as attachments.) For more information on where to find the specific items, please see my Flickr set where you will find store names listed with each picture.





















No comments: